Earth Speaks VI Exhibition: April 19 – May 28, 2021
Opening Reception: Saturday, April 24, 2021
Art has always been a powerful tool for expressing ideas and feelings about issues of concern. The Earth Speaks VII is a regional open call for a juried exhibit in the Dunning Art Gallery at Northampton Community College, Monroe Campus (Tannersville, PA) in April 2021. The Earth Speaks is an artist’s means of capturing their concern regarding the climate crisis and how it affects our planet, as well as an opportunity to offer possible solutions.
Through art and creative expression, the exhibit will shine a light on:
- Man-made issues that pose a threat to our planet (litter, global warming, pesticides, GMOs, water pollution, overfishing, deforestation, fracking)
- Environmental disasters (tsunamis, hurricanes, oil spills, smog, nuclear meltdowns)
- Ideas for solutions (solar and wind energy, biofuels, reduced carbon footprint, recycling, tree planting, organic farming)
The Earth Speaks VI is a regional open call for work. Artists from the following states are invited to enter: ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, VA, MD, DE, DC. $1,000 in awards are available in a variety of mediums including 2-D, 3-D, Photography, and Printmaking. Students are encouraged to enter.
- Deadline for Submission: Friday, March 5, 2021, by midnight.
- Notification of Accepted Entries: on or around Friday, March 19, 2020
- Winning Entries Arrive at Gallery: on or before Friday, April 9, 2020
- Earth Speaks VII Exhibition: April 19—May 28, 2021; Mon-Sat 10am-4pm, Closed Sundays
- Exhibit Reception: Saturday, April 24, 2021 (Online via Zoom platform if gathering restrictions remain in place.)
How to Enter
- Download the entry form →
- Pay for the number of entries you will be submitting (below).
- Once your payment is complete, you will receive a receipt number via email. Enter your receipt number on the entry form.
- Email your completed entry form along with your .jpgs to gro.s1614278335traon1614278335ocop@1614278335ofni1614278335