17th Annual Festival of Wood
September 23 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pmFree
This annual festival is a celebration of our natural and cultural heritage of wood. Now held in concert with National Public Lands Day, Festival of Wood provides its visitors with unique wood-themed activities and events at one of the region’s most historically significant sites.
The festival is an educational public event that brings awareness to the importance of wood – and how professional and scientific forestry helps meet our continued need for this versatile natural resource.
Festival of Wood also serves as an ecotourism venue for regional businesses and nonprofits, providing outreach and promotion for wood related services and forestry programs.
This family-friendly event draws over 3,000 patrons from the tri-state area and includes a juried crafts show, children’s activities, educational exhibitions, demonstrations, live entertainment, and tasty food.
The Festival of Wood Features:
- Craft Booths and Demonstrations
- Free Children’s Area with Forestry Themed Games & Activities
- Live Entertainment
- Tree Trimming, Pruning, and Climbing Demonstrations
- Live Chainsaw Carving
- Wood and Forestry Exhibits & Demonstrations
- Food Trucks and Refreshments
- Historic Mansion Tours – Fee
- Free Parking and Shuttle Service Provided by US Forest Service
Sponsored by: US Forest Service at Grey Towers, Pocono Arts Council, and Grey Towers Heritage Association.