Pocono Arts Council announces a new grant opportunity! Applications are now being accepted for a one-time microgrant in the amount of $500 that will be made available to Monroe County arts and cultural organizations and municipalities. Eight $500 grants will be distributed locally by the Pocono Arts Council from funds made available by the PA Council on the Arts. These microgrants are designed to help with costs associated with the delivery of arts/cultural programs to their communities. Funding can be used for artist fees, marketing, supplies, and related expenses for new or ongoing programs that benefit the citizens of Monroe County.
Funds may not be used for:
- Capital expenditures
- Activities for which academic credit is given
- Activities that have already been completed
- Activities that have a religious purpose
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public
- Performances and exhibitions outside Monroe County
- Cash prizes and awards
- Benefit activities
- Lobbyists’ payments
Application deadline is Jan. 31, 2022. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of board members and PoconoArts members. Successful applicants will be notified in mid-February 2022. Funds must be spent by Sept. 30, 2022.