The iconic symbol of the butterfly lends itself to the vision of rebirth, transition, hope, and strength; all positive attributes to loved ones being remembered, honored and celebrated at Women’s Resources of Monroe County’s 11th Annual Butterfly Release for Peace at the Weiler Corporation in Cresco, Wed., Sep. 15, 2021, 5:30-6:30pm.
PoconoArts is offering an art exhibition with a Butterfly Theme which will be on display in the Yetter Family Gallery at Pocono Cinema & Cultural Center, 88 S. Courtland St., East Stroudsburg, Sept. 19-Oct. 29.
Awards will be given to Best of Show, 2nd and 3rd Place. Prizes will be presented at an Artists’ Closing Reception on Thu., Oct. 28, 6-8pm.
The Best of Show Piece, selected by Women’s Resources, will be on display at the Butterfly Release for Peace event on Wed. Sept. 15, 2021 at Weiler Corporation in Cresco. Pocono Arts Council staff will transport Best of Show to the Butterfly Release and return work to Yetter Family Gallery.
Best of Show winner agrees to have their image reproduced in support of Women’s Resources in consideration for the Best of Show Prize.
Register and upload image below, Friday, Sept. 10, 2021.
DELIVERY: Monday, Sept. 13, 3-5 PM
(to Pocono Cinema)
BUTTERFLY RELEASE: Wednesday, Sept. 15, 5:30-6:30PM
ARTISTS’ CLOSING RECEPTION: Thursday, Oct. 28, 6-8 PM
EXHIBITION HOURS: During Pocono Cinema hours
PICK-UP WORKS: Friday, Oct. 29, 3-5 PM
• Register online before delivery to upload image for virtual gallery below. Submit a photo of the work for the online gallery. Only jpg image files will be accepted. Required image size is 1920 pixels on the longest side (if it is a horizontal image, 1920 pixels wide; if a vertical, 1920 pixels tall). Save your files with a resolution of 300 dpi.
• One or two works submitted per artist. Work must be exhibition ready, wired and ready to hang. Sawtooth hanging hardware is not acceptable. Unframed pieces must be gallery-quality finished (no visible staples or nails). Inappropriately prepared pieces will not be accepted.
• All work must be original. Works will be accepted based on available space. 36” maximum long-side suggested.
• Submissions Fees:
PoconoArts Member: $15 for one entry/$25 for two.
Non-member: $20 for one entry/$30 for two.
• The registration and artists’ release forms must be completed and signed. The completed entry form must be attached to the back upper left hand corner of the work.
• Work must be delivered in person to Pocono Cinema & Cultural Center on Mon 9/13 between 3-5 by appointment. (OR IN ADVANCE BY APPOINTMENT) TO Pocono Arts Council offices, 701 Main St., Suite 400; Stroudsburg.
• Artists are responsible for insuring their work.
• Work should be available for sale. PoconoArts charges a 20% commission and will collect 6% state sales tax above listed price.
If work is not for sale, print NFS for the price.
• PoconoArts is not responsible for unclaimed work. Work remains on exhibit thru the Artists’ Closing Reception on Thursday, October 28th. You may remove work at 8PM that evening or pick up on Friday, Oct 29; 3-5PM. Work unclaimed after 10 days will be deemed abandoned and subject to sale.
For ONLINE ENTRY