Art has always been a powerful tool for expressing ideas and feelings about issues of concern. The Earth Speaks V is a regional open call for a juried exhibit in the Dunning Art Gallery at Northampton Community College, Monroe Campus (Tannersville, PA) in April 2019. The Earth Speaks is an artist’s means of capturing their concern regarding the climate crisis and how it affects our planet, as well as an opportunity to offer possible solutions.
Through art and creative expression, the exhibit will shine a light on:
- Man-made issues that pose a threat to our planet (litter, global warming, pesticides, GMOs, water pollution, over-fishing, deforestation, fracking)
- Environmental disasters (tsunamis, hurricanes, oil spills, smog, nuclear meltdowns)
- Ideas for solutions (solar and wind energy, bio fuels, reduced carbon footprint, recycling, tree planting, organic farming)
The Earth Speaks V is a regional open call for work. Artists from the following states are invited to enter: ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, VA, MD, DE, DC. $1,000 in awards are available in a variety of mediums including 2-D, 3-D, Photography, and Printmaking. Students are encouraged to enter.
Deadline for Submission: Friday, February 8, 2019
Notification of Accepted Entries: On or around Friday, February 15, 2019
Winning Entries Arrive at Gallery: On or before Thursday, March 28, 2019
Earth Speaks V Exhibition: April 6 – May 28, 2019
Exhibit Reception: Saturday, April 27, 2019; Time TBA
To Enter Online
To Enter by Mail
- Download the Prospectus & Entry Form
- Calculate your Entry Fee – Fees listed on Entry Form
- Check Payments: Make Payable to Pocono Arts Council
- Credit Card Payments: Pay your Entry Fee via PayPal, and write your PayPal Receipt Number on the Entry Form
- Complete your Entry Form and send it to Pocono Arts – Details on Entry Form
- Email your images to Pocono Arts – File Requirements on Entry Form
Become a Sponsor
Pocono Arts Council seeks sponsorships from local businesses and community members for the Earth Speaks V: a Juried Exhibition on the Environmental Crisis. Gain exposure for your business or organization and help us continue to provide opportunities for artists and arts organizations in community!