Welcome to our new bookkeeper, Judy Moeller. Judy had been a Pocono Arts Council board member and had been working as our bookkeeper in a volunteer capacity. The board recently hired her as a part-time paid staff person. Judy is a member artist and currently has work exhibited locally at Shawnee Inn, Wayne Bank and Auradell Gallery.
We also say goodbye to Michele Buzzelli who had been working on a special project over the past year involving upgrading our database technology. We thank her for her service to the council and also offer our congratulations on her recent marriage to Tim Kratzer-who also happens to be a frequent volunteer at arts council events!
YOUR Membership Dollars in action:
- Production of the bi-monthly newsletter featuring the community’s upcoming artistic events, feature articles, members’ spotlight and recognition of major PoconoArts supporters;
- A Partnership with the PA Council on the Arts as one of thirteen statewide PA Partners in the Arts. Through this program, PoconoArts awarded over 2,000,000 in state tax dollars to the Pocono region since 1997;
- Special youth programs such as the annual Juried Student Exhibition and Children’s Fine Art Camp;
- Adult and children’s classes and workshop in a variety of artistic disciplines;
- Public Gallery Spaces and Special Exhibits featuring the work of PoconoArts member visual artists;
- An inaugural Open Studio Tour;
- PoconoArts Website: www.poconoarts.org;
- Fundraisers and Festivals such as the Spring for the Arts, The Pocono State Craft Festival, Festival of Wood, and the annual Mac and Cheese bake-off Membership in PoconoArts is open to both artists and non-artists.
Basic benefits include:
- Newsletter of cultural events & opportunities
- Discounts on PoconoArts studio classes & workshops
- Free website link
- E-mail notices of special events
- Free listing of member exhibits, programs & opportunities in the newsletter
- Participation in rotating art exhibitions at PoconoArts public galleries
- Participation in the Annual Members’ Exhibition
- Office services, technical assistance, and member referral service
- Volunteer opportunities
- PLUS…Participation in the vibrant arts community of the Pocono region!