Tassy Gilbert, PPA Program Coordinator
Pocono Arts Council
18 North Seventh Street
Stroudsburg PA 18360
ARTS FUNDING AVAILABLE – PA PARTNERS IN THE ARTS – PROJECT STREAM GRANTS – POCONO ARTS COUNCIL ANNOUNCE GRANT WRITING WORKSHOPS FOR ORGANIZATIONS AND ARTISTS INTERESTED IN SMALL GRANTS FOR COMMUNITY ART PROJECTS in 2018-19
STROUDSBURG – The Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) program, a regrant initiative of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA), a state agency, administered in northeastern PA by the Pocono Arts Council (PoconoArts), is now accepting applications for PROJECT STREAM grants for art projects in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike and Wayne counties. Arts-related and community-based non-profit organizations or individual artists conducting arts programming open to the community are eligible for the grants and are encouraged to apply.
Awards, not to exceed $2,500, will be made through a local decision-making process. A total of $46,867 in awards will be made in the 5-county area. Applications are taken online via Department of Community & Economic Development’s Electronic Single Application www.esa.dced.state.pa.us. Submission Deadline is June 20th, 2018. Project Stream Application Guidelines can be found here.
A series of Face-to-Face Workshops are available for prospective applicants to meet with Tassy Gilbert, PPA Program Coordinator for Pocono Arts Council, to discuss the grant writing and application process for the PA PARTNERS in the ARTS (PPA) Project Stream Grants at the following locations:
- Monroe County – Tuesday, May 22, 5-7PM. Pocono Arts Council, 18 North Seventh St., Stroudsburg, www.poconoarts.org
- Pike County – Wednesday, May 23, 5-7PM. The Fauchére Meeting Center, 403 Broad St., Milford, www.hotelfauchere.com
- Lackawanna County – Thursday, May 24, 6-8PM. The Electric Trolley Museum, 300 Cliff Street, Scranton, www.lackawannacounty.org
- Luzerne County – Wednesday, May 30, 5-7PM. Downtown Hazleton Alliance for Progress, Hayden Tower at the Markle Building, Arcil Conference Room, (towards the rear stairs), Mezzanine Floor, 8 W. Broad St., Hazleton, www.downtownhazleton.org
- Wayne County – Thursday, May 31, 6-8PM. The Cooperage Project, 1030 Main St. Honesdale, www.thecooperageproject.org
- Luzerne County – Wednesday, June 6, 5-6:30PM. NEPA Alliance, Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center (NCAC), 1151 Oak Street, Pittston, www.nepa-alliance.org
RSVP: gro.s1558738729traon1558738729ocop@1558738729yssat1558738729 or 570-476-4460
Pocono Arts Council is a local arts service organization serving Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, and Wayne counties. The mission of the council is to build the community artistically and culturally by providing leadership, service and education – “Culture Builds Community”.